Friday, March 9, 2012

Fw: Baiyan Gardens/Mountain


Today, we toured a park and gardens at the Baiyan Mountain! The gardens were beautiful! We had a lot of locals saying things to us (like at the park), but this time we had a guide to translate...so we did not have to just smile and nod.

The comments were so sweet. One couple asked why our kids looked Chinese. Eva explained that we adopted them. They said we were very kind. A group of ladies were talking about how pretty our kids are. (They are right:-)) It was very interesting to hear what they were saying. You always wonder how the locals feel about Americans adopting the kids. It seems that they appreciate it! One couple told Eva they always wanted to adopt, but couldn't.

We rode the cable car to the top of Baiyan Mountain. What beautiful views!

When we returned, we completed some paperwork with Eva, then went to Macau for Lunch.

Macau is a Chinese restaurant around the block from our hotel. I had questioned whether to go because on our walk I had encountered "the back door". Anyone that has worked in a restaurant can testify that this could very well make or break a dining experience. Anyway, Eva said it is delicious, so we went and tried it....and I did not gag in the back of my throat like I anticipated. It was wonderful! We had Curry Shrimp, Spicy Shrimp, Noodles, Green Beans and Minced Meat, and Jax/Audrie shared some Congee as well! All of that for a family of 4 for under $40. And, we had take out to bring back to the room! It was A LOT of food! I didn't take my camera, but wish I did.

I will post one more set of pics!




1 comment:

  1. Such a very interesting part about what locals feel about your children.

    Although, it seems a tiny bit fake that they would say, "It looks like your children are Chinese." When most obviously, they are! :)

    I would think it would be a tiny bit upsetting to them...I mean the two cutest Chinese kids ever are leaving their country...it's a big loss for the Chinese!

    Glad you found good (and safe!) food to enjoy. How is sleeping going for Jaxon? How does he do eating at a table?

    ReplyDelete